Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Cure for Writers Block






We have a special treat for our next blog entry: Writer's Center instructor C.M. Mayo has some tips for writers.






The Cure for Writers Block (Use an Egg-timer If You Must): C.M. Mayo's "Giant Golden Buddha" & 364 More 5 Minute Writing Exercises



The most confounding challenge for most writers, whether newbies or tough-as-bark old pros, is finding the time to write. But --- come on, no excuses--- it's easy to "take five." Back in 2005, after teaching a one day workshop on "Break the Block," for my workshop participants, and also for myself, I decided to make it my daily practice to post a 5 minute writing exercise. I also invited a few writing friends, including several Writers Center faculty members, to contribute their favorite and most effective exercises. "Giant Golden Buddha" and 364 more are available for you at http://www.cmmayo.com/d5mwe.html May they be both fun and useful.

P.S. I'm offering a one day workshop on "Flash Fiction" on July 26th. To register for that, visit
https://www.writer.org/workshops/details.asp?id=1525



No comments: