CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
The Inkwell in Washington, DC seeks new full-length plays by emerging playwrights
for collaborative incubation process!
The Inkwell serves Washington, DC as a comprehensive resource for new theatrical works. Learn more: http://www.inkwelltheatre.org
March 1 through 15, The Inkwell invites playwrights to submit un-produced full-length plays for consideration for our 2009 collaborative process! The Inkwell’s 2009 developmental collaboration includes:
· dramaturgical partnership,
· educational opportunities,
· mentorship connections,
· staged readings,
· & in-depth workshops
· with the goal of a fully-staged Inkubator production.
· for submission forms and requirements, visit www.inkwelltheater.org/submit.php
The first step in The Inkwell collaboration will take place during the 2009 Inkubator Festival August 22 through September 21, 2009 at the H Street Playhouse in Washington, DC. Selected playwrights will receive an honorarium for their participation in the full development process. Travel and housing may be provided.
The Inkwell partners with American playwrights who seek a sustained and open collaboration with The Inkwell’s playmakers, playgoers and playwrights; who create impossible worlds that push past the boundaries of Theatre As We Know It;
who spin yarns in their own way, without regard to what is popular, producible or profitable.
The Inkwell produces new theatrical works that pulse with a unique internal and vital rhythm - a heartbeat driven by twists and trysts between words, sentences, conversations; that demand imaginative complicity and erupt into spectacle;
that explode viscerally and psychologically off the page.
The Inkwell encourages playwrights to participate in all areas of the process – from design meetings to rehearsal to audience engagement – to develop a new play in a fully-integrated forum rarely available to emerging writers.
Selected playwrights will collaborate with The Inkwell’s directors, designers, actors and dramaturgs in a sustained workshopping process, launching a long-term collaboration around the work with the goal of a fully-staged Inkubator production.
PLEASE INCLUDE IN YOUR SUBMISSION:
· a copy of your entire full-length play in pdf, Microsoft Word, or OpenOffice Write format. (Please note The Inkwell only accepts electronic submissions at this time); and
· a completed Playwright Submission Form (available at www.inkwelltheatre.org).
· PLAYWRIGHTS MAY ONLY SUBMIT ONE SCRIPT PER SUBMISSION PERIOD.
· Play is full-length (one-acts or ten-minutes will not be considered).
· Play has never received a full production. (A full production includes any public event centering on the script that involved a director, actors, and design elements). The Inkwell considers staged readings and academic productions exceptions to this rule.
· Plays that have received full productions, even if they have undergone significant post-production revisions, will not be considered for The Inkwell at this time.
· Play will not be performed in a professional production between time of submission and August 2009. If the play is optioned by another company, please alert The Inkwell immediately!
Please email your play and required playwright submission form (found at www.inkwelltheatre.org) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submissions will be accepted March 1 through March 15, 2009.
We look forward to reading your work!