Monday, March 14, 2011

Call for Posts @ First Person Plural

First, thanks to everyone who came out for yesterday's Open Door Reading featuring Jeanne Beaumont & Michele Wolf. I wasn't there, but Sunil assures me there was quite a nice turnout.

So much going on at The Writer's Center and at home. I don't talk too much about home here at FPP, but I will say that in December my wife and I had our first child, a boy. His name is Esben, and he's pretty awesome (I say modestly). But he keeps us busy. Add to that a bunch of translation projects, review projects, and my own writing and, well, it gets crowded quickly. Sometimes it seems that coming to work is the easy part. I guess because it is. But that doesn't mean there's not a lot to do--there most certainly is. From budgets to press releases, events to task forces, never a dull moment. That's why I'm writing this request today.

I would very much like First Person Plural to keep the momentum, to sail along with daily posts. I'm not sure how much I can do in the next month or so, so...Anyone out there interested in writing for FPP? Here's what I'm looking for (in 500 words or less--with some exceptions, of course). Each one of these items is linked to an example post on FPP:

> stories about why you got into writing
> stories about how you wrote (or didn't write) your first book
> stories about the publishing industry (perfect if you have special insights)
> stories about upcoming events in non-TWC venues
> book reviews
> book REdiscoveries
> interviews with authors

I'm also open to suggestions! If you'd like to share your voice with First Person Plural readers, please e-mail me at kyle.semmel@writer.org.

Kyle

No comments: