As a reminder, please vote for which novel you would like to read for TWC's Summer Book Club by Thursday June 30th.
Here are some upcoming literary contests available for submissions in the next couple weeks.
Nuclear Age Peace Foundation Barbara Mandigo Kelly Peace Poetry Award
The Barbara Mandigo Peace Poetry Awards are a series of awards meant to encourage poets explore positive visions of peace and the human spirit.
• Winners receive a prize of $1,000 and publication on the Nuclear Age Peace Foundation Website.
• Honorable mentions are awarded as well.
• The contest has three sections: Adult, Youth (13-18) and Youth (12 and under)
• The contest has a entry fee of $15 for three poems.
• Send two copies of a maximum of three poems. Each poem can be a maximum of thirty lines.
• Include name, address, email address , and telephone number on the upper right hand corner of one copy of the poems.
• The deadline of this contest is July 1,2011.
• Please visit the website for more details regarding submissions for this contest: http://www.wagingpeace.org/menu/programs/awards-&-contests/bmk-contest/
McLaughlin-Esstman-Stearns First Novel Prize
The Writer’s Center will offer a prize of $500 to honor a first novel of an American author, published during the previous year.
• Commercially published, small pressed published, and self published novels are accepted.
• Submit three copies of a novel published in 2010 by July 15, 2011.
• There is no entry fee for this contest.
• For more details visit our website: www.writer.org
Wags Revue: Summer Writing Contest
Wags Revue is accepting submissions in fiction , poetry , and essays. All submissions must be previously unpublished. The first prize is $1,000 and publication, the second prize is $500, and the third prize is $200.
• Writers may submit multiple poems, but the poems cannot exceed ten pages.
• Fiction and essay submissions may not exceed 10,000 words.
• Each entry must include the submission fee of $20.
• The deadline for the contest is July 15, 2011.
• For more details regarding submission of entries visit their website: http://www.wagsrevue.com/submit.php
F. Scott Fitzgerald Literary Conference: Short Story Contest
The Potomac Review will give a fiction prize to a short story to residents of Washington D.C , Maryland , and Virginia. This is the 16th annual Short Story Contest.
• The winner receives a prize of $1000, publication in Potomac Review, and an invitation to speak at the 2011 F. Scott Fitzgerald Literary Conference held in October.
• Three runner -ups receive $200 each.
• The contest has an entry fee of $25.
• Stories should be less than 3,000 words.
• All stories should have a cover letter that contains the writer’s name , address, and telephone number
• The deadline for this contest is July 16, 2011.
• For more details on guidelines for short story submissions visit: http://tinyurl.com/3tnv5rb