Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Barrelhouse Magazine

So I'd planned on doing my first ever top ten list of "favorite moments" at the Writer's Center. (My "favorite" moments are somewhat limited by the fact that I've only been here a little more than 2 months.) But I abandoned that plan--I'll do it later. I got two e-mails today that I thought more appropriate to today's post. The first came from the local poetry press that I profiled yesterday. Seems I mispronounced the name: Vrzhu is actually pronounced VER-ZHOO. My bad.

They've also got a couple new books coming out in August. The Dailiesby John Gilgun
and Love Is A Map I Must Not Set On Fire by Carol Guess. Learn more here: http://vrzhu.com/books.html

Then the other e-mail came from Barrelhouse Magazine (now in our list of local blogs). They've got a great blog and a great lit journal. I'm going to profile them pretty soon. Their new issue is coming out and they're having a launch party. Check 'em out.

Tomorrow we have a guest blogger: Reb Livingston. She's another one of our local bloggers. I met her at Charlie's reception last weekend. Her blog might have the coolest name of any blog. Ever. But I won't tell you what it is; click on her name to find out.

No comments: