Monday, January 25, 2010

Call for Writers: The Pink Line Project

As we wind down Member Appreciation Month, I'd like to remark that it's been an enormous pleasure reading all the member stories--and corresponding with each writer. So many different stories. Sitting at my desk here at The Writer's Center, it's often too easy to forget just what this place means to people. What it means to me is a lot of work--rewarding as it may be.

So it's really great to get outside my little bubble and read these stories. Now I want to alert members to this opportunity to write--for pay. From the Pink Line Project:

The Pink Line Project is looking for writers to write short blog posts about the DC art scene for its website (www.pinklineproject.com), specifically the Art Chat section.  The purpose of Art Chat is to provide the emerging collector and art enthusiasts with information about the DC art scene, to inspire them to participate in the community of people who are culturally curious, to provide accessibility to an otherwise intimidating and seemingly unwelcoming world.

I'm not looking for traditional art writers.  I'm looking for good writers who are good observers and who are interested in bolstering the DC cultural landscape.

I have been posting reviews of shows but what I am really interested in human interest stories.  Profiles of collectors.  Something quirky about the art scene - artists Matt Sesow and Dana Ellyn wedding at Longview Gallery.  Interviews with interesting people who are doing neat things, like Tim Tate who started the Washington Glass School.  A couple things that Jessica Dawson from the Post that I've liked: story about art in condos and story about Mera Rubell's studio visit whirlwind. 

I will pay $50 for at least 300 words.  We will create an author profile on the site where all your articles will be posted.  I will promote your piece as much as I can through Facebook and my running blog on www.hoogrrl.com.  (Note: The Pink Line Project site will be revamped considerable in a few weeks to be more friendly and fun.)  

If interested, please send a writing sample to philippa@pinklineproject.com.

1 comment:

Extremely Average said...

Interesting opportunity. I love the DC art scene, and was a docent at the Corcoran for a period. The Renwick is also a tremendous Gallery. I may have to check this out.